Friday, August 3, 2012

VISIT WITH ME LOS ANGELES... SANTA MONICA & BEAUTIFUL ARCHITECTURE & THE BEAUTY OF THE SUN!


One of the most famous beaches in the a beachfront city in western of Los Angeles (county) is SANTA MONICA BEACH in Santa Monica Bay.
I love so much the houses there behind... what a cool architecture!!
See here some of the houses: 



Surrounded by the Pacific Palisades, a famous place where some of the writers lived like my favorite American writer Henry Miller, the German writers in Exil like Thomas Mann and Lion Feuchtwanger.... and more...
Here you can see the PIER.
And the Santa Monica Looff Hippodrome (carousel) is a National Historic Landmark. It sits on the Santa Monica Pier, which was built in 1909. The La Monica Ballroom on the pier was once the largest ballroom in the US, and the source for many New Year's Eve national network broadcasts





I don´t like that much this beach... but it is the "close" one in the city... reachable by bus and I hadn´t a car to go to another beach... well, this is fine.. just to lay on the sand and have a sunbathe... This I can enjoy... the sun, beach and ocean is still so rare for me, the middle European! I enjoy every moment with the sun & beach & strong waves of the ocean! 

I like that picture!!


Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment